CBD Oil Side Effects
CBD oil is becoming increasingly popular around the world, and the CBD industry has never been bigger or more valuable. CBD products are proven to help with an array of physical and mental conditions and offer extraordinary health and wellness benefits, but are there any CBD Oil side effects to worry about?
Statistics show that millions of people worldwide are using CBD oil on a regular basis. In the past, the cannabis sativa plant was mostly known for its recreational drug use associations; nowadays, it’s commonly linked with its health benefits, and CBD is famed for its versatile ability to help with many conditions. However, many first-time or hesitant users have one key question to ask: are there any side effects of CBD oil?
This guide will explain all of the risks regarding side effects CBD oil, as well as looking into what exactly CBD oil is, how it works, what benefits it can provide, and how you can shop for the best hemp oil from Hemp Therapies to minimize the risks of even the most minor hemp oil side effects.
What Exactly Is CBD Oil?
In order to understand if there are any negative side effects of CBD oil, we have to first comprehend what this oil is and how it works with the human body.
CBD oil is a health and wellness product, made with a key active ingredient called cannabidiol. Cannabidiol is a cannabinoid – a naturally occurring chemical compound found in cannabis sativa plants.
CBD can be extracted from industrial hemp plants through various processes and then diluted into a carrier oil, like MCT or olive oil. It can then be taken orally by people, either by dropping it directly under the tongue, inhaling it with a vaporizer, or consuming CBD-infused foods and drinks.
Once it gets into the body, CBD heads for the endocannabinoid system (ECS). The ECS is a cell-signaling system that has been linked with a wide range of bodily processes and sensations.
The human body produces its own endocannabinoids that bind to ECS receptors and trigger certain effects or control certain bodily processes. It is believed that CBD works in a similar way, interacting with the ECS receptors to produce beneficial effects like pain relief and lower stress levels.
Are There Side Effects of CBD Oil in Humans?
CBD oil can have a lot of beneficial effects on the human body. It can help to alleviate pain in those suffering from chronic pain conditions, it can reduce feelings of nausea in people undergoing chemotherapy or radiotherapy.
With so many positive effects, CBD might seem too good to be true. So, does it have any side effects? Well, as with almost any natural remedy, there are some minor risks associated with this product, but they are only very minor and the vast majority of people using CBD experienced no negative issues whatsoever.
Possible side effects of CBD oil include:
- Increased appetite – Some people find that they start to feel a little hungrier than usual after taking CBD oil. This can actually be seen as a benefit in some cases, as CBD oil may be prescribed to cancer patients or other people who are struggling with a lack of appetite.
- Fatigue – Some users of CBD oil may feel a little more tired than usual after using this product. Again, this can be seen as a benefit in some situations, as CBD oil is often prescribed for those with sleep disorders. General tiredness is one of the natural CBD oil for sleep side effects.
- Diarrhoea – In some rare cases, if people are particularly sensitive to CBD or one of the other ingredients in certain CBD products, they may experience diarrhea too. This should pass quite quickly and shouldn’t be particularly severe, but if you do experience this side effect, you should avoid taking any more CBD oil until you’ve consulted with a doctor.
- Interactions with other medications – It’s always wise to consult a doctor before taking different medications, supplements, and herbal remedies at the same time. CBD oil may interfere with the actions of other medications and remedies like blood thinners or epilepsy medicine.
- Long term side effects of CBD oil – For now, there are no cases of any serious long-term issues linked with CBD oil, but studies are ongoing to find out more. It is believed that taking CBD oil in large quantities over a long period may lead to an increase in liver enzyme production, which could cause issues for those with liver disease.
- Pregnancy – CBD oil is not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women as its effects on babies have not been fully studied or documented yet.
Overall, it’s clear to see that hemp oil negative side effects are relatively minimal, and the statistics show that most people using CBD regularly don’t notice any side effects whatsoever.
It’s also worth noting that you can minimize your chances of side effects by always buying from a trusted, verified brand, like Hemp Therapies. If you’re sensitive to THC, you may want to opt for Hemp Therapies Broad Spectrum CBD Oil, which contains no THC. The risks of side effects of CBD oil without THC are very low.
CBD oil can offer so many positives. Like other supplements and natural remedies, it can pose some slight risks of minor side effects in certain cases, but it’s overall classed by experts and leading health authorities as a very safe product, recommended by doctors worldwide.
What are the side effects of CBD oil?
The chances of side effects of hemp oil are very low in general. However, some users have reported feeling increases in appetite, which could lead to potential weight changes with regular use, as well as diarrhea and tiredness.
Does CBD oil have side effects?
Every person is different, with their own unique physiology, so it’s impossible to say how each and every person will react to this product. Most people have no side effects whatsoever, but others may experience some sensitivities, including fatigue, increased appetite, diarrhea, and dryness of the mouth.
How to use CBD oil without sleepy side effects?
A good way to use CBD oil without running the risk of feeling sleepy is to always take the right dose. You can use a CBD calculator or speak with your physician to get a dosage recommendation. You may also try using CBD oil first thing in the morning, when you’re feeling refreshed and full of energy, to avoid tiredness.
How long does side effects from CBD oil last?
Any side effects experienced from CBD oil should be very minor and temporary. Tiredness and increased appetite should only last for a couple of hours, maximum.